Thursday, May 21, 2009
Help Prevent the Spread of the Flu Virus at School
Disinfect hard surfaces
- Step 1 For heavily soiled surfaces, clean excess dirt off.
- Step 2 Thoroughly wet surface by using a disinfecting wipe or disinfecting solution in a spray bottle.
- Step 3 Allow disinfecting solution to contact surface for minimum contact time (according to the product label) and rinse if necessary.
- Step 4 If there’s excess disinfectant or water, wipe off and air dry.
Disinfect hard floors
- Step 1 Sweep and pick up excess dirt.
- Step 2 Apply sufficient disinfectant solution so that floor remains wet for the minimum contact time according to the product label.
- Step 3 Mop floor and remove excess disinfecting solution.
- Step 4 Use clean water and a clean mop head to thoroughly rinse floor. Let air dry.