Introduction to Emergency Response Protocols
The Protocols in this Section are procedures to be implemented when specific site-based emergencies and/or serious disruptions arise. The administrative staff and the School Emergency Response Team will need to make early judgments regarding the seriousness of a developing situation and the steps to take until assistance arrives. In reaching decisions about possible steps to take, the following factors should be considered:
- The safety of students and faculty;
- The extent of injury to persons;
- The amount of property damage;
- The short- and long-term effect of the incident on the school/site and its activities; and
- The circumstances of the event.
These Protocols are based on planning that has already occurred and the utilization of your School Emergency Response Plan.
Continued in the full PDF version of Section 4 of School Emergency Response Plan and Management Guide.